The Franklin College Student Ambassadors is a program under the oversight of the college’s office of development and alumni relations. Ambassadors assist with departmental, development, alumni and student activities.
“The Franklin College Student Ambassadors lead by example, enhance the public and instructional image of the College, its students and programs, and build interest, pride and enthusiasm for future generations of Franklin students and alumni,” said Debbie Daniel, director of alumni engagement.
Ambassadors are knowledgeable about the UGA campus and the Franklin College. They participate in various events including college ceremonies, reunion weekends and homecoming, student orientations and visits with donors, alumni and potential students. The Ambassadors have opportunities to learn from and network with faculty, administrators and Franklin alumni from different backgrounds and careers.
"This program has given me the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and see the influence that the University of Georgia has on its alumni, faculty, and students in a new light.” said Ben Tucker, a statistics and religion major from Columbus, GA. “Seeing how alumni can look back at their time in Athens, whether five years or sixty years down the road, and consider it the best years of their lives, shows that the experience that UGA provides is one that should be kept alive and well for years to come."
Below is a list of FCAS Ambassadors:
- Alexander Arnett, Communication Studies, August;
- Arjun Bhatt, Applied Biotechnology/Psychology, Suwanee;
- Christopher Brandon, Biology, Bishop;
- Joyce Bui, Chemistry/Science Education, Johns Creek;
- Ana Deegan, Chemistry, Ackworth;
- Katherine Do, Biology, Norcross;
- Afokeoghene Egberi, Women’s Studies/Biology, Loganville;
- Evelyn Fagan, Biology/Psychology, Moultrie;
- Erin Gawel, Biology/Psychology, West Senaca, NY;
- Victor Gipson II, Cellular Biology, Lawrenceville;
- Pooja Gohel, Biology, Evans;
- Jessica Liebich, Biology/Health Promotion, Marietta;
- Emma Rose Lowder, Psychology, Charlotte, NC;
- Juliana Lubin, Computer Science, Powder Springs;
- Michelle Manganiello, English/Romance Languages, Johns Creek;
- Katie McGhee, Communication Studies, McRae;
- Hannah McQueen, Biology, Flowery Branch;
- Chatania Meyer, Biology, Johannesburg, South Africa;
- Sean Micklus, Biology/Psychology, Savannah;
- Kajal Patel, Psychology, Athens;
- Lou Runge, Chemistry, Columbia, SC;
- Prashanth Sampathkumar, Computer Science, Johns Creek;
- Kat Tracy, Cellular Biology, Cedartown;
- Ben Tucker, Statistics/Religion, Columbus;
- Emily Upchurch, Criminal Justice/Political Science, Lawrenceville
The Franklin College Ambassadors share a slice of UGA life on a dedicated Instagram channel: @uga_franklinambassadors. Follow the group and experience what classes, studying, social life and formal events are like on campus this year.
Image: The 2019-20 Franklin College Ambassadors, with Dean Dorsey.