Franklin College Business Services Office (FBSO) encourages employee recognition through everyday contributions that make a difference. The annual Franklin College of Arts & Sciences Staff Appreciation Event honors a Business Support Staff of the Year award. The award celebrates the accomplishments of staff whose work supports the overall mission of FBSO at the highest levels of contribution, impact and excellence. The recipient will receive an award of $1,000 and a certificate of recognition.
Nominees must be full-time staff members in FBSO at the time of recognition. Previous award recipients are ineligible for 5 years after receiving the recognition.
Nominated candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Excellence in fulfilling job requirements.
- Stays on task and demonstrates initiative to do what needs to be done
- Demonstrates professionalism and clarity in all communication
- Demonstrates knowledge in FBSO and University policies and procedures
- Demonstration of initiative and creativity to improve operation of the unit.
- Achieves defined outcomes on schedule
- Excels in decision making and problem solving
- Is consistently available to assist clients and coworkers during the work day
- Promotion of a positive morale in the workplace.
- Consistently projects a positive attitude in the workplace
- Devotes time to building and sustaining positive relationships with clients and coworkers
- Cooperates and demonstrates the ability to work effectively as a member of a team with colleagues
- Demonstrates personal accountability and responsibility.
- Dedication to improving the image and performance of the unit.
- Works in alignment with relevant FBSO priorities, policies and procedures
- Attends and/or promotes team, department and college activities
- Demonstrates positive and encouraging relationships with peers, faculty and students.
Nominations for these awards can be made by any member of the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences (head of unit, faculty, staff, or student). Nominations must describe how the nominee fulfills the criteria of the award.
Nomination must be submitted via email to FCBO@uga.edu no later than April 18, 2022.
A peer review committee will be used to identify the award recipient. The committee will be chaired by the previous recipient of Business Affairs Support of the Year Award, and it will consist of a staff member from each of the following teams: Financial Affairs Support Team (FAST), Research Enterprise Support Team (REST), Personnel and Payroll Team (P&P), Business Services Center Team (BSC), plus one member that will rotate each year from Foundation Fund Management (FFM), FBSO Administration, and Budget Planning and Analysis (BPAT) teams.