2020 Staff Excellence in Service Awards
Deadline for Nominations: 5:00 P.M. on Friday, April 3, 2020
Please note that awards to staff classified in IT positions are recognized through a separate awards process, which you can find by following the link at:
The Franklin College Staff Excellence in Service Awards are designed to honor staff members for their excellent performance and their outstanding contributions to units in the college. Up to four awards of $1,000 each and a certificate of recognition will be made each year. Recipients will be recognized at a staff appreciation reception.
Five Occupational Classifications
Franklin College Staff Excellence in Service Awards nominations are judged within four occupational classifications, as follows:
BUSINESS AFFAIRS SUPPORT (examples)
Business Affairs Manager
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (examples)
LABORATORY/RESEARCH SUPPORT (examples)
Electron Microscopy Lab Coordinator
Instructional Resources Specialist
PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT (examples)
Constituent Program Officer
Data Management Specialist
Digital Media Professional Specialist
Editorial & Production Manager
Education Program Specialist
Graduate Program Administrator
Instructional/Technical Development Professional
Public Relations Coordinator
Public Relations Specialist
Nominees must be full time, non-academic staff members of a unit falling under the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences. They must have at least three (3) years of continuous service in the College at the time of nomination. Previous recipients of a Staff Excellence in Service Award are eligible to be nominated seven (7) years after the date of the previous award.
Nominated candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
• Excellence in fulfilling job requirements.
• Demonstration of initiative and creativity to improve operation of the unit.
• Promotion of a positive morale in the workplace.
• Dedication to improving the image and performance of the unit.
Nominations for these awards can be made by any member of the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences (head of unit, faculty, staff, or student) but must be endorsed by the unit head in which the nominee works.
Nominations must be made via this link - NOMINATION FORM - and must include:
• Nomination endorsed by the department/unit head (an email (PDF) from your Department Head / Director endorsing this nomination (with nominee's name included in the body and/or subject of the email will suffice).
• Nominee’s job description (maximum 1 page).
• Nomination letter describing how the nominee fulfills the criteria for the award.
• No more than 3 additional letters of support, which may be from faculty, staff, or students.