In the fall of 2016 the University of Georgia began implementation of a refreshed logo system for all units, departments, colleges and schools. The two-year re-branding process resulting in retiring the arch as the formal logo of the university, as well as a consolidation of the many individual logos that had been developed at the unit level. The new brand mark, including associated fonts, colors, and multiple logo configurations, has presented Franklin College of Arts and Sciences units with a variety of tools and guidelines, from stationary to business cards and presentation slides, to readily identify unit level activity with the University of Georgia.
- The new logo for your administrative unit within Franklin College should replace any logos you have used previously.
- Logos include the name of the unit in conjunction with Franklin College
- Only official logo files should be used, including but not limited to: printed publications (brochures, flyers, forms), websites, PowerPoint presentations, video productions, exhibit materials, posters, banners, etc.
- Logos should never be copied from a website.
- See the UGA Brand Toolkit for detailed guidance on co-branding, typography, colors, graphic elements, photography, digital and print standards.
- Any intended use of the University of Georgia name or logo on merchandise, whether it is to be sold or given away, must be approved. Franklin College Office of Communications for assistance.
- Alternative versions (formal, horizontal, extreme horizontal).
Email signatures should follow the example below or you can use the handy E-mail Signature Builder
Name in bold, PhD, DVM, JD, etc. (as applicable)
Title | Sub-unit if necessary
Department or Unit Name | Franklin College of Arts & Sciences, University of Georgia
Address Line 1, Athens, GA 30602
Office: 706.555.1212 | Fax: 706.555.1213
email@example.com | http://yoururl.uga.edu
- Note applicable professional designations after your name if you wish to include them.
- Use black font.
- Use a common, easily read font (Calibri, Arial or Times Roman).
- Use 10-14 point type size.
- Don’t use background colors.
- Don’t use ornate or decorative fonts.
- Don’t augment your signature with images or personal quotations.
Digital letterhead follows the same guidelines as printed letterhead. There are four different options available. Font settings for the header and unit information should not be changed.
- Digital Letterhead - Option A
- Digital Letterhead - Option B
- Digital Letterhead - Option C
- Digital Letterhead - Option D
- Use any remaining letterhead, envelopes and business cards you may have before reprinting.
- The University of Georgia logo is the only logo used on letterhead.
- Stationery (letterhead, envelopes and business cards) can be ordered from Bulldog Print + Design and Tate Print & Copy center to ensure individuals receive the correct layout and paper stock. Guidance for ordering:
- Ink color: Select Red & Black ink.
- Business cards: Four formats of business cards are available;
- Letterhead: Three formats for letterhead are available; Franklin units should select Option A.
- Four letterhead and envelope paper choices are available.
- Neenah 100lb. Cover Classic Crest, Eggshell, Avon Brilliant White
- Neenah 100lb. Cover Classic Crest, Smooth, Avon Brilliant White
- Neenah Environment 100lb, Cover PC 100 white
Promotional Items, Banners & Signs with Logos
- Promotional items (i.e., pens, mugs, t-shirts, bookmarks, keychains, etc.) bearing a UGA logo that will be given away must be approved by UGA Marketing and Communications, and must be purchased from an approved vendor.
- Signs, banners, tradeshow displays and other items of a permanent nature also must be approved.
Contact Franklin College Office of Communications for assistance in submitting a request to UGA Marketing and Communications for any item.