Franklin OIT provides all Franklin College units with a basic set of shared folders to foster collaboration and support business processes. This unit share (also known as a S:\ drive) allows for basic file sharing within a given unit, where access can be easily controlled based off MyIDs. By default every unit starts with 10GB of space, but this can be increased based upon need.
Benefits of individual file shares:
- A location for faculty and staff to share files best suited for collaboration within the unit
- Multiple restricted folders to allow for more specialized collaborations (i.e. faculty only)
- Two levels of backups for any data stored in this directory
- The shared folders are remotely accessible through campus VPN
Unit file shares are available to Franklin College faculty and staff free of charge.
Should the need for storage space exceed current capacities, Franklin OIT personnel will consult with clients to make recommendations for more appropriate storage mediums.
Clients are responsible for the following:
- Initiating support requests for services via the Franklin OIT Help Desk.
- Adherence to the UGA Policy on the Use of Computers in regards to data storage and transmission.
- Notifying Franklin OIT if a client is leaving a unit or the point of contact changes.
Franklin OIT is responsible for the following:
- Responding to initial client request for information, use of, or support for this service.
- Meeting with the client to discuss needs and provide a detailed list of recommendations if requested.
- If required, provide a Memorandum of Understanding to detail work that falls outside of standard service levels.
- Provide adequate notice to clients of any proposed service changes.
- Inform clients of any failures or issues noted in logs or monitoring tools, along with proposed solutions.