Franklin OIT provides all faculty and staff with a basic home folder to foster a flexible computing environment. This home folder (also known as a U:\ drive) stores your Favorites and Documents allowing them to travel with you between computers on the Franklin directory. By default every user starts with 2GB of space, but this can be increased based upon need.
Benefits of individual file shares:
- A location for individuals to store files best suited for their own use
- Two levels of backups for any data stored in this directory
- The contents of Favorites and Documents follows you between computers
- The shared folders are remotely accessible through campus VPN
Individual file shares are available to Franklin College faculty and staff free of charge.
Clients are responsible for the following:
- Initiating support requests for services via the Franklin OIT Help Desk.
- Adherence to the UGA Policy on the Use of Computers in regards to data storage and transmission.
- Notifying Franklin OIT if a client is leaving a unit or the point of contact changes.
Franklin OIT is responsible for the following:
- Responding to initial client request for information, use of, or support for this service.
- Meeting with the client to discuss needs and provide a detailed list of recommendations if requested.
- If required, provide a Memorandum of Understanding to detail work that falls outside of standard service levels.
- Provide adequate notice to clients of any proposed service changes.
- Inform clients of any failures or issues noted in logs or monitoring tools, along with proposed solutions.